Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

door panel questions (speakers mostly)

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 09:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default door panel questions (speakers mostly)

Im not sure if the previous owner ghettoed this car up after the accident but on my drivers side it seems they replaced the OEM door with a door from a black GS or GSR not sure entirely, it has wiring for tweeters in the door panel that has been cut off, yet my OEM door panels do not have tweeters.

My question is, if i was to aquire door panels in taupe, that had the tweeters in addition to the 6 1/2 door panel speakers, how would i wire the tweeters up on the passenger side door? Can i just split the wires for the 6 1/2 speakers to go to the tweets as well? Do the later model taupe door panels use the same size speakers as the 95 Integra 2dr? What are my options here.
Old 09-05-2009, 08:47 AM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: door panel questions (speakers mostly)

I have a similar issue. The speakers in the 95 integra are blown. So i bought some replacment 6.5" speakers for the doors. The speakers require 2.5" if clearence. But there is a steel bar right behind the door panel that blocks installation. I also noticed some sort of "knock out " pocket towards the rear of the door? so my questions are.
Do I need to use the factory plastic mount or can I go directly to the door?
How much clearence do I have?
What mod's are possible?
What is the +- wiring for the front and rear speakers on a 95 integra?
Old 09-05-2009, 09:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

you guys have great timing. i am doing a bit of interior work today, so if i can get you another pic or something let me know.

here is the tweeter connector on the passenger door of my 2000 LS coupe.

brown with black stripe, red with green stripe.

i cannot answer your question definitively, spawn, as to whether the door wire loom always has the tweeter wiring, but those are what you are looking for and the shape of the connector reveals the orientation.

osage, you can see my JBL speaker in the background of the pic. they were given to me as a gift after purchase from crutchfield. the stock plastic bracket is still in place, but i cut the back out of it because these speakers are a lot thicker than the originals. there is a disc bracket that the speaker mounts on since the speaker bolt holes don't match the plastic's factory holes. the disc just has a bunch of holes to mount universally on nearly anything and came from JBL.
Old 09-05-2009, 10:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well according to the dealers charts they make the door panels with the tweeters in taupe leather however they are discontinued new, i need to find them used somewhere and then wire them in.
Old 09-05-2009, 10:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Spawne32
well according to the dealers charts they make the door panels with the tweeters in taupe leather however they are discontinued new, i need to find them used somewhere and then wire them in.
i found 2 passenger side already $125-$150 i'll PM you details