Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

DIY - 1994-2001 Acura Integra - Cam Cap Seal *PICS**

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 09:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DIY - 1994-2001 Acura Integra - Cam Cap Seal *PICS**

These cam cap seal are notorious for leaking oil because it was terribly designed from the factory. It would leak oil down the #1 & #2 exhaust manifold & cause you to smell burning oil every time you drive the car. I've mistakenly thought it was my head gasket that was bad due to the oil collecting there but after further investigation, it was the cam cap seal. I suggest you buy an aftermarket cam cap seal instead of buying an oem one when replacing it.

Tools needed:
- 10 mm socket & ratchet
- Torque Wrench
- Flat head screw driver
- Plier

As you can see from the picture, I bought the whole gasket kit. You don't really need it but since you're taking the valve cover off, why not just replace them while you're at it. If not, all you need for this DIY is the aftermarket cam cap seal.

1. Use the plier & unplug the breather hose
2. Unplug all 4 of the spark plug wires
3. Use the 10mm socket & remove all 7 of deez-nutz.

After removing those-nuts , pull/pry the valve cover off.

Again, use the 10mm socket & remove these 4 bolts. My engine doesn't look bad for having 180k miles! woohoo!! This mean the original owner that I bought the car from took good care of it.

Carefully pry the cam holder off with the screw driver & behold!!! the factory cam cap seal!!!

Here's for comparison. Plastic cam cap seal with no o-rings FTL. What was honda thinking? The aftermarket is aluminum & have 2 o-rings.

Install in reverse order & make sure to use the torque wrench for the cam holder bolts (8 ft/lbs)

No more oil leaks yay!!

Throw away all of the crappy factory seals (180k miles)
Old 11-29-2014, 08:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: DIY - 1994-2001 Acura Integra - Cam Cap Seal *PICS**

hahahah
Old 11-29-2014, 08:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 94chill
hahahah
lololol
Old 11-29-2014, 09:43 AM
I like the tuna here

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This thread confused the hell out of me
Old 11-29-2014, 11:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 272 Likes on 260 Posts

Originally Posted by kroze
These cam cap seal are notorious for leaking oil because it was terribly designed from the factory. It would leak oil down the #1 & #2 exhaust manifold & cause you to smell burning oil every time you drive the car. I've mistakenly thought it was my head gasket that was bad due to the oil collecting there but after further investigation, it was the cam cap seal. I suggest you buy an aftermarket cam cap seal instead of buying an oem one when replacing it.

Tools needed:
- 10 mm socket & ratchet
- Torque Wrench
- Flat head screw driver
- Plier

As you can see from the picture, I bought the whole gasket kit. You don't really need it but since you're taking the valve cover off, why not just replace them while you're at it. If not, all you need for this DIY is the aftermarket cam cap seal.

1. Use the plier & unplug the breather hose
2. Unplug all 4 of the spark plug wires
3. Use the 10mm socket & remove all 7 of deez-nutz.

After removing those-nuts , pull/pry the valve cover off.

Again, use the 10mm socket & remove these 4 bolts. My engine doesn't look bad for having 180k miles! woohoo!! This mean the original owner that I bought the car from took good care of it.

Carefully pry the cam holder off with the screw driver & behold!!! the factory cam cap seal!!!

Here's for comparison. Plastic cam cap seal with no o-rings FTL. What was honda thinking? The aftermarket is aluminum & have 2 o-rings.

Install in reverse order & make sure to use the torque wrench for the cam holder bolts (8 ft/lbs)

No more oil leaks yay!!

Throw away all of the crappy factory seals (180k miles)

WTF kind of cam cap are you changing lol!!! dudes got pics of a dude and his **** out hahaha
Old 11-29-2014, 04:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Jimmy ban this ****...I don't need to see no dudes dick...so homo **** up in here

b-serious may want to but not me brah...
Old 11-30-2014, 12:32 PM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by B_Swapped93
Jimmy ban this ****...I don't need to see no dudes dick...so homo **** up in here

b-serious may want to but not me brah...
Ditto that, last thing I want is to see a pix of some dude holding his junk, worst part is it is from 09 and still here. 94
Old 11-30-2014, 12:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fcm
worst part is it is from 09 and still here.
Tinypic and other image-hosting sites only have so many random letter-number combinations available with which to name images, so they re-use the same combinations over and over, through the years.

This means that the Tinypic name of the "junk" image -- 65sy7o -- has probably been used for many images over the years, one of them being the "install in reverse order..." image that originally appeared on this site.

Notice that the images displayed have no connection with one another: Mother and child, handbag, guy holding his junk, etc. That's a clue as to the problem here. And it's also an indication of the problems that can arise from using a free image-hosting site to host your pictures: Links eventually get broken, and what breaks them might not be nice!!!