Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

DC4 front signal issues ... WTF is going on?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 11:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DC4 front signal issues ... WTF is going on?

Heres' the deal:

I just wired in new bulb housings for the signal/parking lights on my '94 LS. Some minor modifications to the housings to use GM bulb holders, and everything's mint. Wiring is 100% to my Haynes manual, well-insulated and sealed.

The issue[s]:

Passenger side signal flashes fine, no issue there. However, my parking lights [far outer bulbs] do not turn on, and my driver's side signal hyper-flashes, as if there's no bulb up front [there wasn't for about 2 weeks after a minor accident that claimed my old signal housing]. This is where it gets interesting, though ... the driver's signal only flashes on the parking [dim] filament, and it flashes the opposite of the signal on the dash and rear taillight, just like the parking lights should. [It's rather interesting to watch with the hazards flashing, as they alternate sides up front.] For what it's worth, when I bought my car, the parking light bulb holder on the passenger side was cut off and the wires terminated, and the driver's side simply had no bulb in the housing ... the signals flashed fine then.

Thoughts?:

I've been told there's a relay for each parking light, that allows them to flash opposite the signal when the parking lights are on ... could this have burned out and cause my issue? As I said, the passenger side flashes fine, no issues - where are these relays located? I'm assuming in the fuse box, however, my box doesn't have a cover, so I'm hesitant to just start pulling fuses and relays, randomly replacing things.

I suppose I could also have a short somewhere in the system, however, I figure the system would refuse to work altogether, rather than just go screwy like it is.

Any help, tips, or insight as to fixing the problem are much appreciated and welcome. Thanks in advance guys.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

wow this is really similar to my problem...
except my parking lights work fine, as does my passenger signal, but the left hyperflashes and does nothing in the front (it does blink in the rear).

in for some help
Old 05-24-2007, 05:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Alright, well at least I'm not the only one that's having the issue, or something to it's effects.

I'm leaning to bet it's one of those relays that I mentioned earlier ... I'll do some prodding and figure out what the deal is.
Old 05-26-2007, 08:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Still can't figure anything out. Unless I'm blind or looking in the wrong place, I can't find those relays the manual mentions. I'll keep doing some wire chasing and figure out what's going on.