Old 07-20-2016, 07:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: D3300 - DC2 Race Car Build

Originally Posted by B serious
Cool thread. Thanks for sharing, OP!
Thank you!!

Originally Posted by jdblock
Been lurking on your thread for a while. Always happy to see your updates. Love the track build.
Thank you for checking out my build journal. I can't wait to get this all up to date, almost there!

Originally Posted by Caoboy
I LOL'd at the 'battle' the Lotus gave you for about 2.5 turns before he went off on the course. you look pretty quick out there!
He had a lead foot behind me, i gave him the point by so he could go drag race someone else. Ended up he didn't know the line and he sling shot himself off the track, i was like wow.. haha there was another good battle with me and that white Evo. lol

Originally Posted by r_Senik
wish my wife was into cars.
Old 07-20-2016, 07:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Pre-Super Lap Battle/Global Time Attack 2015 prep

I am still playing catch up but these next few updates from 2015..

Two days before Super Lap Battle I found a small leak on the radiator while doing my time attack prep. So we decided to replace with the ready available parts we can get in time. After we installed the new stuff the car was showing that it was running hot. Since by the time we got finished with everything it was already midnight before the event we decided to pull the thermostat out just so we can run the event. Same day this was going on I got the graphics installed.

Small leak in radiator

New OEM radiator replacement/ new hoses

Removed thermostat

Radiator fan switch very corroded and old we replaced it with a new one but i didn't get the picture of the new one because the parts store kept sending us the wrong one

All ready for fresh coolant.

New graphics installed

Last edited by D3300; 10-10-2017 at 10:05 PM.
Old 07-20-2016, 08:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Super Lap Battle/ Global Time Attack 2015 Day 1 - 2:10.3

This year I let John Lindeman owner of Corner Speed Tuning and one of my best friends pilot my race car. I unfortunately didn't have the funds to drive in SLB/GTA 2015. I still wanted the car to make a presence so since I have been his Crew Chief in previous Time Attack events I said lets do this. Just a little background John ran a full season of Redline Time Attack back in 2009 took home some podiums in his DA Integra gave me a lot of confidence to get a baseline of my car as is with a very experienced driver.

Me and John back in 2009 at Redline Time Attack AAA Speedway he took 2nd place in his DA Integra

------

Day 1 Practice
Date: November 11, 2015
Driver: John Lindeman - Corner Speed Tuning
Organization: Super Lap Battle/ Global Time Attack
Track/ Configuration: Buttonwillow 13CW
Skill Level: Advanced
Class: Street FWD
First time of the day: 2:15.3
Final Time of the day: 2:10.3

The pits

Tech inspection, probably one of the simplest inspections known to SLB/GTA lol

First practice of the day

2:15

Second Practice

2:11

Final practice of the day

2:10

We were also pitted next to our friends from Edo Motorsports in his DA Integra race car! Great seeing some great people you haven't seen in a while!

Small video clip of day 1
Facebook Post

Stay tuned for day 2!!

Last edited by D3300; 10-11-2017 at 08:28 PM.
Old 07-26-2016, 05:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Super Lap Battle x Global Time Attack 2015 Day 2 - 2:08.8

Day 2 started out very chilly, car had ice from the cold night, the chill ended up burning off and the day was perfect! The car performed beautifully both days. For being practically the only car that was not really modded to heck and not brought on a trailer i think we did pretty damn good! VERY satisfied with the results that we took home from this. We didn't land on the podium but i was happy with the times she was clocking. On a side note so many records were broken that day, it was an amazing day for the most part.

Last time attack of the day i did notice the clutch master cylinder hose leaking. It will be addressed with a lot of the upcoming updates for the car.

Day 2 Time Attack
Date: November 12, 2015
Driver: John Lindeman - Corner Speed Tuning
Organization: Super Lap Battle/ Global Time Attack
Class: Street FWD
First time of the day: 2:11.7
Final Time of the day: 2:08.8

Cold icy morning

Morning rotation

First time attack

2:11.7

Second time attack

Hot pits

2:08.8

Third time attack we used for more of a photo opportunity. Big thanks to Steve at Zzyzyx Photography

2:09.2

End of day, time to go home!

Fueling up before the drive home.

Just sitting in traffic on the 405 lol

2:08.8 time attack video footage

Ran into my friends from R-Division Canada, James and Eric.

This doesn't need a intro whats so ever, Spoon broke the Unlimited FWD record with Dai driving 1:45.5. he did it missing 4th gear.

Small video clip Day 2
Facebook Post

Last edited by D3300; 10-11-2017 at 10:24 PM.
Old 07-27-2016, 10:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default 12/19/15 - Buttonwillow 13CW - 2:28

Date: December 19, 2015
Organization: Speedventures.com
Skill Level: High Intermediate
First time of the day:
Final Time of the day: 2:28 (cold) 2:40 (wet)

Track temp was super cold it was probably about 30 degrees, i couldn't get my tires to temp. Later that day which i didn't get footage because my gopro died but a big storm moved in. In the rain i was clocking 2:40, definitely hard to get full laps because we would get black flagged if someone went off. This was also my first day using the AIM Solo GPS lap timer and wow the timer was spot on and super easy to use. I can't wait to use it on a dry day! It was definitely fun day out with friends. I also added at the end of my video my whoops spin of the day. We ended up packing up at the last session because the grapevine was going to get snow. So basically we had to beat the snow because driving on rs3's and snow on a freeway that climbs up and then right back down wasn't ideal for my car.

The pits

The calm before the storm.

When it started to rain..

Pre-grid

at the end of the day all by myself.. haha

Here is a up close picture of the AIM Solo

Also purchased a RAM mount

Video with bonus footage of my whoops spin of the day!

Last edited by D3300; 10-16-2017 at 07:29 PM.
Old 07-27-2016, 11:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default HFF Challenge Bound this weekend!

I believe I am all caught up this last post was the last of 2015. FINALLY! This weekend I am heading back to Buttonwillow to compete in HFF Challenge (all honda time trial) on Sunday. I will also be driving on Saturday to shake down my car. Once again i have some updates from recent things i have done to the car. Just running out of time! I can't wait to share! I might sneak in a update that I posted a teaser on my IG maybe tomorrow.

-Nicole
Old 08-02-2016, 09:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default HFF Challenge - Buttonwillow 13CW - 2:15.9

It all started on Saturday i wanted to have some practice time to shake down the car, since the last time I drove at the track was about 7 months ago. Saturday the track temp was in the 100's all day but the show had to go on, I really needed this seat time before Sunday. So before I go on I do need to add a post after this explaining some minor things i did to my car. First time of the day 7/30/16 was a 2:22.0 and final time of the day was a 2:19.4.

My first HFF Challenge went pretty darn good! I entered Street Class based on my current setup, and i saw there was going to be 4 people entered seemed like it was going to be a fun day. The track temp was about 100 Sunday. The 1st session did not count on time but it did give you a chance to get pre grid by time in the next session. I love that they do this it kind of separates you from fast to slow unless you don't have timing. I ran the 2nd session with big intentions to get a new PB, at this point this is all that mattered and i basically had one session to do it just because this was the only "cool" session to do it. I was running consistent this whole weekend and manage to click off my new PB 2:15.9 the last lap of my session before our session got red flagged because a M3 hit the tire wall. My last PB here was 2:17.4 so i was really stoked on shaving off 2 seconds off my time. No real problems i had some dumb gremlins happen, my passenger window decided it didn't want to roll down we had to jimmy rig some wire and my battery to the power window control to make it roll down, the plastic brake pedal stop pad decided it wanted to crumble and break off (fixed it with a dime) and the last problem was another one under the dash the neutral safety switch decided to take a dump did a temporary fix. I also think one of my syncros is going bad, i am getting a slight grind but nothing major but i will have to look into that. Every time i would heel toe or shift from 3-4, 4-3 it would grind so i made the decision to not rev match at all in my 2nd session it was risky but i didn't want to risk it messing up my time, and it worked! So later in the day when times were posted i noticed that the people that signed up for street class weren't on the time sheet, so i am not sure if i read something wrong. I did end up getting 1st place in Street Class which puts me 3rd in points for the season, but most importantly i got my new PB along with the win which meant a lot to me. When i saw that i got the 2:15 on my lap timer i was going to celebrate with a fist in the air then i remembered there was a car a ways back and i played it off.. so you will see that at the end lol.. I can't wait to get back out on track in September!

Date: July 31, 2016
Driver: Nicole - Corner Speed Tuning
Organization: Speedventures.com
Class: Street
First time of the day: 2:16.4
Final Time of the day: 2:15.9

The pits

Some fresh petrol for the day..

First session

2nd session Time Trials session
unofficial

official

1st place Street Class

HFF pits

Here is video of my 2:15.9

Last edited by D3300; 10-16-2017 at 08:00 PM.
Old 08-04-2016, 08:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey Nicole!

Long time no talk, it's Alex from the old GMR days.

Funny I was on Honda-Tech because I've been sorting through some repairs on my currently very troublesome, but old and usually trusty Integra. Yes, it's the same Integra that I used to drive up at GMR with Gerald...it's sunk back into daily duties. Luckily I have an S2000 as my fun car when the Integra is acting up.

I somehow ended up on your thread. I hope all is well, seems like you are having a blast and up to the same antics.
Old 08-07-2016, 10:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey ALEX!!!

So glad to hear from you its been a long time!! Glad you have your integra still!! S2K's are fun little cars i had my time with one for a bit. Well i hope you figure out whats going on with your integra. send me your number in a private message, not sure if i have yours anymore we can get together and car talk! Gerald actually wants me to go to a autox with him i told him if i am not busy i will go! lol :D Thanks for stopping by!

-Nicole

Originally Posted by super_mut
Hey Nicole!

Long time no talk, it's Alex from the old GMR days.

Funny I was on Honda-Tech because I've been sorting through some repairs on my currently very troublesome, but old and usually trusty Integra. Yes, it's the same Integra that I used to drive up at GMR with Gerald...it's sunk back into daily duties. Luckily I have an S2000 as my fun car when the Integra is acting up.

I somehow ended up on your thread. I hope all is well, seems like you are having a blast and up to the same antics.
Old 08-21-2016, 08:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default 3 wheelin' HFF Challenge Rd.5 Buttonwillow 13CW (7/31/16)

Finally got my pictures of the car on 3 wheels! Big thanks to CaliPhotography

Last edited by D3300; 10-16-2017 at 08:06 PM.
Old 08-25-2016, 09:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default ITR wing, new wheel, powder coated valve cover, USDM gauge cluster

All of these installs were before my last track day...

Lets start off with ITR wing, I needed more downforce but nothing too overkill. This was probably one of the best decisions for my car I have made in a long time. It made a HUGE difference. When I went through the corner i have been having trouble with at Buttonwillow the car was solid, it didn't even want to budge which I was very happy about. Painted the wing because it was champion white I used a matte black plasti dip paint because I ran out of time to get it wrapped and it worked out very well. I also had to replace one of my 949Racing 6UL wheels because it got bent and it started to rub the rear trailing arm. A couple of years ago I pressured washed my engine bay and I noticed my valve cover paint started to chip off. I got it stripped and got it powder coated with a new matte black coat. Also picked up a USDM gauge cluster for my Integra. I am happy to say my gas gauge works finally no more relying on the gas light to come on!! lol

ITR wing when it arrived

Drilled new holes in the trunk to install the wing

Mocked up

Plasti dip I used to paint

Starting process, cleaned the surface and scuffed it a bit. Started to lay the first coat.

Finished product installed, not a bad color match. came out really good for this being a last minute idea.

Here is the bent wheel, the inner lip of the wheel was rubbing on the rear trailing arm.

Brand new 6UL

Before the valve cover got stripped

Took the valve cover to get stripped of the old paint

Powder coated matte black, i also didn't want the chrome finish on the letters.

Super clean!!!

Installed

JDM cluster and USDM (not for sale)

USDM gauge cluster installed

Last edited by D3300; 10-16-2017 at 08:51 PM.
Old 08-30-2016, 09:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Part 1 - OEM Honda Parts install

Overview of all OEM Honda Parts used in the next few posts

Decided to pull the engine to fix the numerous oil leaks the car had. Wanted to clean the engine bay because it was really filthy. Who doesn't like having a clean car to work on? Makes it so much easier to install parts.

Grimy oily engine

Transmission bell housing showing massive oil leak from the rear main seal.

Overview of transmission before the cleaning

Front sub frame removal

Front sub frame overview of the dirty parts that need to be cleaned

Everything disassembled ready for cleaning

Steering rack dirty

All front sub frame components clean

Steering rack clean

Front sub frame clean and reassembled

One clean and dirty bolt

Front sub frame bolts in the process to show why the engine is getting cleaned

Front sub frame installed back into the car

Last edited by D3300; 11-08-2017 at 08:42 PM.
Old 09-06-2016, 11:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Part 2 - OEM Honda Parts install

Front of the motor tear down

Water pump passage dirty AF

Front motor all cleaned ready for reassembly

Thermostat housing cleaned

New and old water passage "O" rings

Water pump Front New vs Old

Water pump Back New vs Old

Water pump installed

Oil pump New vs Old

Oil pump installed

New timing belt kit installed

Close up of the oil pump, crank sensor area

Motor after degreasing, looks so much better!!!

Timing cover Old vs New

Front of the motor all reassembled

Last edited by D3300; 11-08-2017 at 09:02 PM.
Old 09-09-2016, 07:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I don't know what it is about seeing a car (inside and out) get cleaned up and reassembled. makes you feel good!
Old 09-09-2016, 11:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by REPTAR
I don't know what it is about seeing a car (inside and out) get cleaned up and reassembled. makes you feel good!
I couldn't agree more!! Its making it so much easier to work on.. not having sludgey grime everywhere! Its the best feeling ever!! lol Thanks for stopping by!

-Nicole
Old 09-10-2016, 09:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Part 3 - OEM Honda Parts install/ My Honda Habit composite oil pan gasket

Rear motor

Installed a new breather box Old vs New

I know you guys have seen me do this probably twice before but the VTEC solenoid had to be cleaned again. Also had to replace to cam seal because the Blox racing started to leak again.

VTEC solenoid disassembled and clean

VTEC solenoid reassembled

The engine was leaking from the Blox cam seal, since everything is out decided to replace it with a new one hopefully this will last longer.
Skunk2 cam seal vs Blox Racing cam seal

Old vs New cooling system sensors Everything was accessible , it was a good time to replace them all

Old vs New

Sensors and VTEC solenoid installed

Installed view

Rear main seal removed

Oil Pan and pickup removed, so dirty

Oil pan, oil pan baffle, oil pickup all clean

Bottom of the engine

Installing a My Honda Habit composite oil pan gasket

Studs in, gasket on, oil pickup on ready for oil pan

Oil pan on

Rear main seal installed

Last edited by D3300; 11-08-2017 at 09:29 PM.
Old 09-11-2016, 08:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Awesome! I'm all caught up now! Gave me some ideas too.
Old 09-15-2016, 10:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Saul_Good
Awesome! I'm all caught up now! Gave me some ideas too.
Thanks Luis for stopping by i have some more for you to catch up on! lol Getting the car ready for the track this weekend has been no joke. I have posted some teasers today on IG of whats to come. I heard you got that Integra congrats!!
Old 09-21-2016, 12:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default HFF Challenge Rd. 6 - Buttonwillow 1CCW - 2:23.5

Date: September 18, 2016
Driver: Nicole - Corner Speed Tuning
Organization: Speedventures.com/ HFFchallenge.com
Track/ Configuration: Buttonwillow 1CCW
Class: Street
First time of the day: 2:37.1
Final Time of the day: 2:23.5

Its been probably about 5 years since I have driven this configuration but i was happy to be back. Trying to dig in the back of my brain and remember was so tough. I feel next time when i go back it will be so much better. I was also getting used to my new setup which i am still currently updating my build journal on honda-tech.com. The weather was probably around 100 degrees maybe even hotter. I ended up getting 3rd place with a 2:28.1. I did get stuck behind some traffic when i ran the official time. If the times from my last session counted i could of took 1st place by beating my competitor by 2/10's, next time!! The video that I am attaching to this post is my PB from that day. I was very excited to have clicked off a 2:23.5!! Also added a little clip of me going 2 off at the end of the video lol. I know there is a lot of room for improvement and smoothness, can't wait to come back. Stay tuned for more updates!

Second session - 2:28.1

Session 3 - 2:28.3

Session 4 - 2:23.5

Time to go home!

I am currently holding 3rd place in points after this round

Here is video of my 2:23.5

Last edited by D3300; 11-10-2017 at 08:58 PM.
Old 09-22-2016, 10:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I signed up for VTEC Club on Saturday at Auto Club Speedway! After this weekend I will have a little break to get my journal all caught up again. :D

-Nicole
Old 09-23-2016, 09:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by D3300
I signed up for VTEC Club on Saturday at Auto Club Speedway! After this weekend I will have a little break to get my journal all caught up again. :D

-Nicole
I will be there on Sunday for roadstercup. Maybe one day i can make vtec club. Gotta get some maintenance stuff out the way.
Old 09-23-2016, 04:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Really like your thread. Good to see more people out in the HFF street class. Usually only one or two people out there. Will you be doing the rest of the season?
Old 09-26-2016, 07:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Saul_Good
I will be there on Sunday for roadstercup. Maybe one day i can make vtec club. Gotta get some maintenance stuff out the way.
I can't wait to see you out there!!
Old 09-26-2016, 07:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Cidone
Really like your thread. Good to see more people out in the HFF street class. Usually only one or two people out there. Will you be doing the rest of the season?
Thank you! Yes i will be doing the rest of the season!
Old 09-26-2016, 09:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default VTEC Club USA Auto Club Speedway Infield - 1:20.3

VTEC Club USA
September 24, 2016
Driver: Nicole Cervantes
Car: 1996 Acura Integra GSR
Organization: VTEC Club USA
Track/ Configuration: Auto Club Speedway - Infield Road Course
Class: Group N
First time of the day: 1:32.9
Final Time of the day: 120.3

First time driving Auto Club Speedway's infield road course. I ended up running a 1:20.3 in my second session setting that as my PB at this track configuration. Lots and lots of room for improvement. Not bad for my first time, I can't wait to come back! Track temp was about 80ish with a slight breeze. The race car ran perfect all day even as it got hotter it was probably high 90's with stagnant air. I also added some small bonus clips at the end of the video. First session of the day I had a little off due to cold tires but I think that section everyone was having problems. I almost had another which I said NOPE not going off this time which I included the footage in my video. Side note I was having trouble with my lap timer I guess the "infield" isn't programmed as a track selection in the lap timer so that was a bummer next time I know. Big Big BIG thanks to John at Corner Speed Tuning for getting my car ready for this event and being my track support!

The pits

2nd session when I ran the 1:20.3

Here is my video of my 1:20.3

Last edited by D3300; 11-10-2017 at 09:14 PM.

Quick Reply: D3300 - DC2 Race Car Build