Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

My 1997 Integra GS Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 03:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon6 My 1997 Integra GS Sedan

What's up guys. I'm new to this forum but not new to Honda's. Been working on them for about 10 years now. Done everything from stereo installs to engine swaps, suspension, custom fab, etc.

I just bought my 1997 Integra GS Sedan.

Originally it was purchased by my uncle off the lot. He passed away and my aunt his wife took over the car. Then she passed it on to my cousin, who then passed to it my uncle, who then gave it back to my cousin. My cousin ended up hitting a curb and messed most of the front passenger side suspension up. He then sold it to me, but didn't report to the insurance so the car's title is still clean. I bought a full integra front suspension and replaced everything and brought it back to good working order. He then decided he wanted the car back (haha, freakin family) so I gave it back to him. He just recently decided he wants a bigger car for his family so I took the car back off of his hands.

The car needs a WHOLE lot of love, which I'm willing to give it, and document in this thread haha.

A small list of things I've noticed so far:
  1. Stock stereo (giving CD error)
  2. Moonroof opens slow (sometimes needs a little push)
  3. Rear-view mirror is really loose
  4. Gear shifter rotates freely
  5. driver side window doesn't work
  6. tiny engine leak from valve cover/cam stop
  7. needs a tune up
  8. front passenger strut noise/knock

I'm already looking into:
  1. strut tower bars
  2. tie bars
  3. full coilover suspension setup
  4. better rims/tires setup
Old 10-09-2011, 05:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My 1997 Integra GS Sedan

Looks like a bunch of easy fixes. I'd get all the problems worked out before I spent money on tower/tie bars. Those are really just cosmetic. Coilovers and rims will be nice and check off one of your problems on the list.
Old 10-09-2011, 08:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeh, only problem is I work a lot so it's gonna be a challenge of finding a day where I can just sit with the car and work out all the small problems. And yeh, list two will come when everything else is running smoothly. As for the strut tower bars, the two eg's I've had before, I autocross'd a lot with and put down many hours on Laguna Seca. And when I added the strut tower bars I noticed a difference. Wasn't huge but for the amount of money spent it was a decent change.
Old 11-04-2011, 12:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

So I finally got a chance to change over the registration today. Found out it needed a smog so took it by the smog tech. It's completely stock so it passed. Found all the original documentation from the car under the seat. The leather Acura cover, the owner's manual, the original Acura Luxury Care Card, etc. Changed out the wind shield wipers because the old ones were dead. Added some oil, some wind shield wiper fluid. Also changed out the air filter. Hopefully gonna change the oil and finally get under the car to get a good look at things this weekend. Only problem is the rain is coming and the garage is a mess...so I'll need to do some cleanup before I can actually start taking care of things haha
Old 09-13-2013, 01:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

LOL, never really got around to addressing any of the problems until the first problem started to surface recently. Car got hot a few times. Went to do a tune up on the car and one of the spark plugs busted off in the cylinder head, so it was time for a new cylinder. Bought a complete used engine from a friend, and swapped the head over. Did the water pump, and timing belt along with a tune up of the spark plugs, wires, distributor cap, oil change, and radiator flush. Car seems to be running fine now, but I think the heater motor relay went out.