Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

cd player/radio trouble

Old 05-03-2007, 07:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cd player/radio trouble

Hi I recently had to replace my ignition switch on my 92 ls. Now the cd player/radio will not play. If I hit a button on the face of the cdplayer it's lcd will turn on. Also the cd player will swallow and eject cds but they will not play.
My antenna is not going up/down when I insert the keys like it used to.

I have no blown fuses.
Anyone know what's wrong?
Old 05-03-2007, 07:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: cd player/radio trouble (tegrocket)

Hmm ... Did the hookup the wire going to the ignition ? I know we've hooked headunits up and some cars had a wire for that .. just a thought... no clue srry
Old 05-03-2007, 07:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: 99 probs but a stolen car aint 1, ca, cerritos/fullerton
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

your gonna need to pull the headunit out and meter the harness to make sure your getting power on the battery wire and the accesory wire. The accessory wire needs to show 12 volts when the key is turned to turn on the radio on
Old 05-07-2007, 06:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: cd player/radio trouble (wrx-killer-Sti eater)

I am waiting to get the release keys to my headunit. The heater/ac blower is not working as well. Everything else seems okay. When pulling out the old ignition switch I forgot to unplug the battery and there was a spark up under the dash. Any idea what I need to replace. I think my fuses are all good.... is there a specific one to check?
Old 05-07-2007, 10:08 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wrx-killer-Sti eater &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">your gonna need to pull the headunit out and meter the harness to make sure your getting power on the battery wire and the accesory wire. The accessory wire needs to show 12 volts when the key is turned to turn on the radio on</TD></TR></TABLE>

my problem is simular. what happens if the accessory wire doesnt show 12 volts?
Old 05-08-2007, 03:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: cd player/radio trouble (mr nut)

^^^^^^^The radio will not come on. As long as the battery wire is showing voltage you will be able to eject the cd. Most radios are like that

OP. you just answered your own post. You said there was a spark when changing the key switch. There is a fuse blown in the car. Because on certain years the radio and blower are on a main fuse that branches to the radio that gets its own fuse for the radio. You need to pull all the fuses to find which one is blown. Don't look at them. Get a meter. Atc fuses are hard to tell by looking. Or pull each one out till you find it and shine a light thru it to see if its burnt. But I would still test all wires behind the headunit
Old 06-06-2007, 09:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: cd player/radio trouble (wrx-killer-Sti eater)

i just received this item today and installed it in my integra. when i started the car and tried to insert a CD. it took about 5 minutes to read the first song. then when i tried to skip the next song, I could hear the laser moving back and forth for another 10 minutes and nothing. no music. Im wondering if there is a special way to set this CD player up to my head unit, or if this is possibly a faulty unit that received. the CD I am trying to play is basically new and bought from the store. not a burned cd.

This is the second unit i've bought off Ebay. the first one i bought just spit the CD's back out tight after putting them in.

my antenna does not go up or down with ignition either. and i did rewire the head unit because the wires were falling out of the original clip.
Old 06-06-2007, 12:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: cd player/radio trouble (g2_teg_)

^^^^^^ first you need to start your owns thread. You will get more answers this way. This thread is kind of old. Next, stop buying people broken stuff of of ebay. You now have two paper weights. The only options you have is to try a lens cleaner or have a acura or honda dealer fix it if they will. Your best bang for the buck will be to buy a aftermarket headunit. You will have better sound thanks to the add power from the new unit. Also buy it from a dealer or someplace were you can have a warranty. So if it breaks you can have it fixed free of charge.