Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

no fuel canister. will ls fit on gsr?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 10:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no fuel canister. will ls fit on gsr?

couldnt pass smog..didnt even know i didnt have a canister. but i have a 93 civic coupe..will the canister fit on a gsr integra?

let me know thanks
Old 01-06-2011, 10:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Re: no fuel canister. will ls fit on gsr?

Please be more clear. You have a 93 Civic with a GS-R engine? Or you're asking if a 93 Civic charcoal canister will fit on an Integra GS-R? What year GS-R engine or car?

I assume you mean the charcoal canister for catching unburned fuel vapors. Absolutely must have that to pass smog/emissions tests.

And if you don't have the canister on there now, do you just have tubes hanging off your engine and open tubes from your fuel tank in your engine bay or something?
Old 01-06-2011, 11:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah bro its a 93 civic coupe with a ls motor in it.. and i dd a 95 integra gsr.. but didnt pass smoq..the vapors were making the car smell when the car heats up. i need to pass smog so was wondering if the ls charcoal canister would fit on my gsr..and if its a job i could do ..with some mechanical experience..
Old 01-06-2011, 12:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Assuming the LS motor is OBD-1 and you have the correct charcoal canister that goes with the LS engine, then yes it would also work with the GS-R. Same part number.

If this is the charcoal canister original to the 93 Civic, then it may work, but there's no guarantee. The Integra's canister goes for over $170 new, while the Civic one retails for under $30, so that should tell you something.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94
Assuming the LS motor is OBD-1 and you have the correct charcoal canister that goes with the LS engine, then yes it would also work with the GS-R. Same part number.

If this is the charcoal canister original to the 93 Civic, then it may work, but there's no guarantee. The Integra's canister goes for over $170 new, while the Civic one retails for under $30, so that should tell you something.
ohh i get you..i just saw my mechanic and hes charging me $280 for a new canister and it dosent include labor sooooo...do you think its a resonable price or is it something i could piece it together and do myself or have him do it..??
Old 01-06-2011, 08:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Da hell it's just a canister bolted to the frame with 3 tubes attached to it. $280 before labor is a massive rip off! Did you determine that the one in the Civic won't work in the GS-R?
Old 01-07-2011, 10:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94
Da hell it's just a canister bolted to the frame with 3 tubes attached to it. $280 before labor is a massive rip off! Did you determine that the one in the Civic won't work in the GS-R?

WHAT THE HELL... Yea bro i tried out the civic canister and it all connected everything fits. heres a pic of how i got it set up..could u tell me if its correct. and heres my smog paper..do you think ill pass now with the canister hooked up

thats the new hookup to the gsr..did it go right. one to the evap. one to the throttle body and the other to the firewall right?

Old 01-07-2011, 10:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

That looks about right. Not totally sure on where the 2 lines grouped together are supposed to go. One of them goes to the location in this pic noted EVAP, probably the top port from the canister.