Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

a/c tension pulley

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2004, 09:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a/c tension pulley

welll my a/c was not that cold at all...so it was cold jus not that cold...so i buy some freon and go to put it in...well my a/c tension pulley came off , bracket and everything...and was laying on my power steering belt...so i finally get it out and its all bent up and ****...and i got a new pulley and a/c belt and was jw how hard to install it??...and directions on how to do it would be nice
Old 08-26-2004, 02:40 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: a/c tension pulley (luvinmyGSR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by luvinmyGSR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">welll my a/c was not that cold at all...so it was cold jus not that cold...so i buy some freon and go to put it in...well my a/c tension pulley came off , bracket and everything...and was laying on my power steering belt...so i finally get it out and its all bent up and ****...and i got a new pulley and a/c belt and was jw how hard to install it??...and directions on how to do it would be nice </TD></TR></TABLE>

Super easy to install. I changed mine on my 93 LS and it was pretty straight forward. I forgot if i had to unbolt my power steering pump or not (yours might not be in the way of installing your tensioner). If you have to remove the power steering belt to get the AC belt in its really easy, just loosen the PS belt tensioner and take off the belt, then slide the AC belt onto the crank pulley, and finally, put the PS belt back on.

Sorry if thats a little confusing, im super tired haha. But if you look in your engine bay to see where everything has to go youll see its a very easy job
Old 08-26-2004, 05:57 AM

What happened to you happens a lot, I guess honda didnt do their homework with that. Its real easy to change the whole idler assembly is held on the car by 2 bolts. and there is a tension bolt that you have to loosen to get the belt off. Other than that its real easy. Trust me you can do it yourself. If you have any questions feel free to ask me.
Old 08-26-2004, 06:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Re: a/c tension pulley (zlaja_gsr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by zlaja_gsr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What happened to you happens a lot, I guess honda didnt do their homework with that. Its real easy to change the whole idler assembly is held on the car by 2 bolts. and there is a tension bolt that you have to loosen to get the belt off. Other than that its real easy. Trust me you can do it yourself. If you have any questions feel free to ask me.</TD></TR></TABLE>

happens alot? I've never had any problems with mine over the past 90K miles, and I've never really heard of others having problems with it, either.
Old 08-26-2004, 08:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by zlaja_gsr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What happened to you happens a lot, I guess honda didnt do their homework with that. Its real easy to change the whole idler assembly is held on the car by 2 bolts. and there is a tension bolt that you have to loosen to get the belt off. Other than that its real easy. Trust me you can do it yourself. If you have any questions feel free to ask me.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I doubt it happens a lot.
Old 08-26-2004, 10:12 AM

Hahah oh well I guess me and my friends have bad luck. 2 of my friends lost it. I guess we have bad luck.
Old 08-26-2004, 10:20 AM
PlastikOwl

most I've ever had happen was that little bolt for the A/C pulley fell out and my a/c went warm immediately. All better after I drove 30 miles to the only acura dealer in town that carried ONE.
Old 08-26-2004, 11:28 AM

Default Re: a/c tension pulley (PlastikOwl)

You are going to have to remove the motor mount to install a new belt. Another one of hondas ingenious ideas. Oh well its not that hard.

And BTY it happened to me a few years ago. It was my fault though not hondas.
Old 08-26-2004, 04:53 PM

Default Re: a/c tension pulley (Sack Master)

hmmm i never had to remove the motor mount to do it. U do have to take the power steering belt off and put the pump to the side other than that its straight forward.
Old 08-26-2004, 08:10 PM

thnax guys for ur help
Old 08-30-2004, 07:50 PM

no problem brother. glad to be of help