Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

a/c system recharge problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 10:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a/c system recharge problem

whats up guys, i got a little bit of a problem. during the winter i wasnt running my ac but now that summer is coming im trying to get it working again. I went to a shop to recharge my system and they said they couldnt do it because of hydrocarbons in the system and that i would need to find someone to evacuate the refrigerant becuase it would ruin their machine, and then they would recharge it. long story short i get it evacuated and there is still hydrocarbons in there meaning they cant do the recharge still. the tech said it may be in some of the components and that a flush could help but is no gurantee to get the hydrocarbons out. he also said they got in there from the stupid DIY cans or using bad freon. any one have an idea how to remove them or find out where they are in the system or am should i just replace some parts? and ideas, thoughts or opinons are appreciated.

-thanks
Old 06-05-2010, 02:14 PM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: a/c system recharge problem

The shop is correct, the H/C got there from DIY cans like REDTEK and Duracool, [and others] they are also correct about not being able to get rid of it, once in a system it will always be there to a point.

You need to find a shop that has a set of already contaminated gauges and vacuum pump, like we do... http://airwolfeautoair.com/

You can lower the H/C % by replacing the accumulator, [filter/dryer] and flusing the rest of the system and replacing all the O rings, seals and refrigerant oil, however there will always be a % of H/C in the system.

The only sure fire fix is to replace everything.

That **** was becoming a real PITA for use, a lot of lost revenue because we had to do the same thing as the shop you went to, send a customer away.

We solved the problem by designating one set of gauges and a vacuum pump for contaminated systems only, an uncontaminated recharge cylinder can be used, we just do not perge the gauges after charging. 94