Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

brake pad question help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 11:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brake pad question help!

I recently got new brake pads and rotors last year. I got hawk hp plus brake pads with drilled and slotted rotors. and i took a look at my brake pads theres less than 40% left. Should my brake pads be wearing down t his fast? is it the brake pads or is it the way i drve?i like these brake pads cause these grap and break fast. What are other GOOOD brake pads that will last 2+ years and will brake as good as these? thankss
Old 10-20-2009, 12:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: brake pad question help!

Originally Posted by vtec128
I recently got new brake pads and rotors last year. I got hawk hp plus brake pads with drilled and slotted rotors. and i took a look at my brake pads theres less than 40% left. Should my brake pads be wearing down t his fast? is it the brake pads or is it the way i drve?i like these brake pads cause these grap and break fast. What are other GOOOD brake pads that will last 2+ years and will brake as good as these? thankss
holy tattered to hell english.

these and axxis ultimates are my two fav street pads. rotor wise you might as well use blanks. drilling and slotting only removes metal from the rotor. useless with todays new modern pads
Old 10-20-2009, 12:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

So should my pads be running out this fast? is it normal or is it my driving?
Old 10-20-2009, 05:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by vtec128
So should my pads be running out this fast? is it normal or is it my driving?
if they are wearing down at the same rate right and left wheel then there's probably not an issue. if not your driving, what would cause the pad wear? there's no mystery involved here, and unless your pads are falling apart they are likely functioning properly.
Old 10-20-2009, 06:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've heard drilled and slotted rotors cause increased pad wear. I'd just get rid of the fancy looking rotors and get blanks.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:43 AM
H-T Order of Merit

How many miles did you drive that they're down 40 percent? If you only drive 1000 miles in a year, pads will wear a lot less than if you drive 40,000 miles in a year.

Big factors in brake pad wear and longevity, aside from what car and pads you're using, are (a) racetrack use, (b) mileage driven, and (c) driving style. If you like to go hammering HARD on the brakes when you're driving around town (or on mountain roads), you'll use up the brakes a lot quicker than if you avoid overusing them whenever possible.

The Hawk HP+ does not wear particularly fast. I use them on the street as well as the racetrack, and aside from the track use, they don't wear unusually fast. But if you want to make them last longer, avoid slamming on the brakes.

Originally Posted by GagnarTheUnruly
I've heard drilled and slotted rotors cause increased pad wear.
Absolutely NOT true. I've used drilled rotors, solid-faced rotors, and slotted rotors, and the pads wear at exactly the same rate with all three kinds.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I just got mythbusted!