Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Brake Fluid Leaking from either master cylinder or brake booster!!! Help me out

Old 10-29-2005, 02:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Brake Fluid Leaking from either master cylinder or brake booster!!! Help me out

first off, i have a 92 integra gsr.

Ok.. so I'm leaking brake fluid. i noticed it on the bottom of the car around the steering assembley where it was building up. It was also eating away the paint on some screws and ****..

so i looked at the master cylinder and i noticed the brake fluid was leaking from inbetween the master cylinder where it meets the brake booster. its dripping down the brake booster..

does anyone know if it is the brake booster or the master cylinder??? anyone have this before? im guess its the master cylinder and the seals are done. When I'm at a light, and hold the brake in for a bit, it will loose pressure and fade after a minute or so..

anyone?? any help?? MASTER CYLINDER??? or brake booster..

thanks guys.
Old 10-29-2005, 03:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Brake Fluid Leaking from either master cylinder or brake booster!!! Help me out (92integraVTECgs

anyone???
Old 10-29-2005, 04:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Brake Fluid Leaking from either master cylinder or brake booster!!! Help me out (92integraVTECgs

the booster doesnt have fluid in it so you just need a new master cylinder
Old 10-29-2005, 04:40 PM

i think i have the same problem is ur abs light on? if it is and u lose brakeing power than u need a new master cylinder same problem on my 92 teg
Old 10-29-2005, 04:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

my ABS light is NOT on. and the brakes only fade when they are depressed at stop lights and so on.

but i think it is my master cylinder because its leaking, and where else would it be leaking from??
Old 10-29-2005, 05:14 PM

It is leaking at the Master Cylinder and possibly into your booster, if you don't swap out the MC soon, it will ruin your booster if it hasn't already, and that gets pricey. It isn't that hard to swap out, just make sure to use those special flare nut wrenches that won't strip the brake-line nuts. Also bench bleed the MC before install and then bleed all your calipers in the correct order.
Old 10-29-2005, 06:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Sam92Teg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It is leaking at the Master Cylinder and possibly into your booster, if you don't swap out the MC soon, it will ruin your booster if it hasn't already, and that gets pricey. It isn't that hard to swap out, just make sure to use those special flare nut wrenches that won't strip the brake-line nuts. Also bench bleed the MC before install and then bleed all your calipers in the correct order. </TD></TR></TABLE>

^exactly. the only advice i can add is to bleed the master cyl as perfectly as possible because if you don't your pedal will feel very soft and your brakes won't work worth a ****. also, dont bother with remanufactered units, just bite the bullet and get a new one. i speak from experience, i went throught 3 autozone reman units before i got one that worked and each time i had to wait about 3-5 business days for them to order it for me. it took me like 2 weeks before i got my car driveable. the actual work is very easy it was like a 1-2 hour job tops, and that is if you really milk it. hope this helps you out. laters