Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

bleeding brake system

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2005, 12:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bleeding brake system

i just installed the stainless steel brake lines for my car. i bleed the brakes from rear to front all the calipers. it seems like the braking point has changed for my car. the braking point from the pedal seems to be deeper than it use to be. any idea why? seems like everything is fine except the braking point. also does integra have proportional valve? i didnt bleed anything else but the calipers. post up for some help. also i didnt notice too much differnce in braking. it might stop a lil bit faster when braking hard but kinda seems to be the same
Old 10-20-2005, 01:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: bleeding brake system (xiLLtegRax)

seems like you should try bleeding again. you can also bleed it @ the master. maybe check the lines you replaced for small leaks. if your car has abs distribution is done in module. if no abs-pv should be on firewall. easy to spot-bunch of hard lines going to a central point.
Old 10-20-2005, 11:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: bleeding brake system (suzawa94)

yes i do have abs in my car. i just found out that i have to bleed the master cylinder. my master cylinder was empty of fluid when i was replace the lines so i think that should be the problem.
how do you bleed the master cylineder?
if i was empty of fluid, does this mean that i have to bleed the proportional valve also?
Old 10-20-2005, 11:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by xiLLtegRax &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
how do you bleed the master cylineder?

</TD></TR></TABLE>

easy. same as you would bleeding the calipers. have someone pump the pedal then "crack" the line going to master cyl. doesn't matter which line you crack.
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by xiLLtegRax &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
if i was empty of fluid, does this mean that i have to bleed the proportional valve also?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

i believe not. if you have abs, the pv should be in the abs module. if the resevoir was dry 99% chance you sucked a shitload of air. just keep bleeding and see what happens. btw, i hope you are bleeding in the correct sequence. RR, LF, LR, RF.
Old 10-20-2005, 11:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yea i bleed the right sequence. imma bout get started on it but some on told me to bleed the master cylinder you have to take the master cylinder out and push in the piston on master cylinder to bleed it. so which way is correct?
Old 10-20-2005, 12:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by xiLLtegRax &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yea i bleed the right sequence. imma bout get started on it but some on told me to bleed the master cylinder you have to take the master cylinder out and push in the piston on master cylinder to bleed it. so which way is correct?</TD></TR></TABLE>

^^the method you're describing is called BENCH bleeding. you do that when installing a master cylinder. what that does is take some of the air out of the master itself. you would fill the master with brake fluid. then using the special plastic nuts with hoses attached in res., you would push the piston to force the air out in the master. the correct way would be to crack the lines @ the master. good luck
Old 10-20-2005, 12:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

can you tell me in step how to bleed it at the MC? i never bleed mc before so im not too sure. i guess from what you are saying just crack the brake line that goes into the MC and bleed it just like how you would bleed calipers?
Old 10-20-2005, 12:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i just looked at the master cylineder brake line. the line goes right below the resevor. the question is how would you bleed it? do you have to get some kinda of bleeder valve that fits over the thread of MC? and just bleed is the same way as bleeding calipers? if so does the caliper bleeder valve fit on to the master cylineder thread?
Old 10-20-2005, 12:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by xiLLtegRax &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">can you tell me in step how to bleed it at the MC? i never bleed mc before so im not too sure. i guess from what you are saying just crack the brake line that goes into the MC and bleed it just like how you would bleed calipers?</TD></TR></TABLE>

1. pump pedal
2. crack any line (only 2 lines), 10 or 12mm fitting
3. you should see some fluid bleed out. have some type of towel or rag ready
4. close line back up
5. repeat as needed

when i bleed brakes i usually start with the master first then go through the normal bleeding procedure.
Old 10-20-2005, 12:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

aite thanks alot man
Old 10-20-2005, 12:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

no problem