Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

antenna

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2004, 06:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default antenna

i had an alpine deck in my car and when i listen to the radio the antenna would come up, but when i listen to a cd the antenna wouldgo down. well someone jacked my radio so i put a new pioneer in and now wheni put a cd in the antenna stays up all the time either with a cd or just the radio. how can i make it go down when im listening to a cd. I don't like how the car looks with the big antenna sticking up
Old 02-21-2004, 06:50 PM

Default Re: antenna (spoonb18b)

i have an alpine deck. now i have two swtiches that the previous owner had installed. i believe one that activates the antenna when the cd player is on, and the other swtich, well it only lights up when the radio is on. i suspect that the other switch is like a wire that goes into it, to make sure the antenna stays down when the cd is on. but thats all i can think off, probably i am wrong

sergio
Old 02-21-2004, 08:14 PM

Default Re: antenna (spoonb18b)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by spoonb18b &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> i had an alpine deck in my car and when i listen to the radio the antenna would come up, but when i listen to a cd the antenna wouldgo down. well someone jacked my radio so i put a new pioneer in and now wheni put a cd in the antenna stays up all the time either with a cd or just the radio. how can i make it go down when im listening to a cd. I don't like how the car looks with the big antenna sticking up</TD></TR></TABLE>

Buy an alpine deck. , Its the function of the radio, The pioneer keeps power to the antenna all the time. You could always add a switch inline to the antenna power wire.