Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Alignment not included in new car warranty???

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2001, 05:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alignment not included in new car warranty???

Good morning everyone -

I've had my GSR since mid summer and I now have like 4k miles on it. I took it in for it's first oil change at the dealer. While there, I also asked them to check the alignment as it has seemed a bit off since day one. They just called back to confirm that they drove the car and it seems off to them as well. BUT the alignment is not covered under warranty???

My last car was a Ford and they included alignments under my warranty for the first several months so I just assumed Acura would be the same. My bad?

- Mark
Old 11-28-2001, 08:01 AM
Trial User

Default Re: Alignment not included in new car warranty??? (Markus)

My bad?
Yes. Alignment and Oil changes are not covered under Acura warranty (or Ford warranty for that matter). Maybe the Ford dealer just threw it in.
Old 11-28-2001, 09:05 AM
New User

Default Re: Alignment not included in new car warranty??? (Shmeek)

alignments are in ford warranty. The acura dealer here is a ****** ripoff, i bring my car to the honda dealership now, i cant get warrenty there but all my service checks are done there.
Old 11-28-2001, 09:11 AM
Moderator in Chief

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

While there, I also asked them to check the alignment as it has seemed a bit off since day one.
The fact is if you bought it like that they should fix it in good faith. Jesus, a friggin simple alignment to keep a customer happy so they wont go somewhere else next time they buy a car.
Old 11-28-2001, 09:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Alignment not included in new car warranty??? (Muckman)

The fact is if you bought it like that they should fix it in good faith. Jesus, a friggin simple alignment to keep a customer happy so they wont go somewhere else next time they buy a car.
I asked my local dealership to check the alignment as it was a little off, they were kind enough to do it for free...some service departments can be real dicks.
Old 11-28-2001, 09:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Nope, they refused to do the alignment. Oh well, I'll take it to a shop by me that I know does top-notch work then.

That's the thing about buying a car - you get stuck with the crap dealership. So maybe Ford did the alignment, hopefully the Acura won't have to go back so many darn times and it will even out!!!

- Markus
Old 11-28-2001, 05:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: I want a 3some with Chasey Lane and Jenna Jameson, Canada
Default Re: Alignment not included in new car warranty??? (Muckman)

I took in my car that I bought 4 months ago or so and told them that my car had been pulling to the left ever since I bought the car. They denied the fact that they'd let a car go like that after doing a safety on it, but man it's realllly been pulling like that ever since I got the damn car. Bottom line, in order for me to get them to finally do something about it after I brought the car in and still they wouldn't do anything, I had to write a damn letter to the co-owner because the sales manager wanted nothing of it. Really, if all that was needed for customer satisfaction was a simple alignment, then why wouldn't they just do it and avoid all this. I was a bit unhappy the experience , and found my dealership to be way too cheap. I hope the reliability of my car will make up for this
Old 11-28-2001, 05:16 PM
Premium Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Alignment not included in new car warranty??? (98SILVERGSR)

i have to side on the dealership about this one. if you knew you had a problem why did you wait four months to take it to the dealer? im a computer salesman and i hate when people call me up and say, "you didnt give me my windows 98 cdrom!" and then it turns out she bought the computer 6 months to a over 3 years ago.

what am i supposed to do? drop $129 and give you a cdrom? yea right!

moral of the story: if something isnt right dont wait around ya lazy bastards!
Old 11-28-2001, 05:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Alignment not included in new car warranty??? (FuknGSR)

hate to say it but I kinda agree
Old 11-28-2001, 06:14 PM

The selling dealer is supposed to align it as part of their dealer prep. If it's not done right, they should fix it within the first week or so. However, after four months I think you are on your own. For all they know, you could have hit a curb or something.

When I bought my first new Integra, it was from a dealer in Michigan. I then drove it to my home in Florida. The steering wheel was turned about 20° to the left when I was going straight. I took it to a local Florida dealer to have it fixed under warranty as the car was less than 2 weeks old. They balked at fixing it because it was the selling dealer's responsibility. They did end up fixing it for free, but it was only to appease me as I know that it wasn't reimbursed as a warranty claim. They made that perfectly clear.

BTW, this was in 1986.
Old 11-29-2001, 08:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Alignment not included in new car warranty??? (FuknGSR)

what am i supposed to do? drop $129 and give you a cdrom? yea right!

moral of the story: if something isnt right dont wait around ya lazy bastards!
Yeah, duhhh, maybe I did do something about it from the start and after all the run around and the bullshit, they finally did something about it. And yeah, it did take a few weeks, but it does take a few weeks to realize there is a problem especially since it only became apparent on the highway; you have to get adjusted to driving the car and on top of it I was driving a car that had that problem before, so it almost seemed a bit like the norm.

[Modified by 98SILVERGSR, 5:31 PM 11/29/2001]
Old 11-29-2001, 09:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Alignment not included in new car warranty???

Hey, I admit it's partially my fault. Part of the reason I waited was because I could do that with Ford. I didn't want to take it in for the alignment, wait a bit then take it back for an oil change. I thought it would be easier to do all at once. I did say "my bad" already...was just on here to verify that what the dealership told me was correct.

- Markus
Old 11-29-2001, 11:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey, I admit it's partially my fault. Part of the reason I waited was because I could do that with Ford. I didn't want to take it in for the alignment, wait a bit then take it back for an oil change. I thought it would be easier to do all at once. I did say "my bad" already...was just on here to verify that what the dealership told me was correct.

- Markus
My point; it's not like our lives revolve around going to the dealership and wasting like 3 damn hours to get the thing fixed right away all the time, right. I think they should give some leaway considering the facts that we're human beings that have lives and other commitments.