Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

ACURA SEATBELT WARRANTY

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 07:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: ACURA SEATBELT WARRANTY

Why not just go to the junkyard and pick up a functioning set?
That way you can add the "I fixed my seatbelt" badge to your coveralls.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by OldSchool Honda
That way you can add the "I fixed my seatbelt" badge to your coveralls.
LMAO!
Old 05-03-2011, 02:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My dug is look up and print out the warranty info. My dealer covered seat belts no questions some will give you huff but its at service managers tips. If one dealer won't cover go to another. If all else fails call Honda's customer service line or the district/regional manager.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by mnbvcxz358
Both of my seat belts in the front driver and passenger of my 2001 gsr sometimes just unclick by themselves. And yes, I am sure that they are completely and properly inserted. This rarely happens, probably just once or twice a month. Anybody think I should take them in to get them checked? And do you think the dealership would charge me if I told them that I think they may be defective, but seem to work most of the time?
This happened in my 93 Accord. I'd just be driving and all the sudden my belt would pop out! like WTF! I drove that thing into the ground though.
Old 03-03-2012, 01:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Nice bumping an old thread.

Well I guess i might while its bumped.

How bout if my seatbelt annoys the **** outta me, it squeaks ALL the time.
Old 03-03-2012, 01:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i hate that sometimes my seatbelts get stuck bc they had to be stupid and automatic..do they cover it if it gets stuck on its track alot?
Old 03-26-2013, 03:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

This is great news! I just got a 90 Teg Gs and both seatbelts thingamabobs are stuck in the closed door position. I am in the habit of wearing my seat belt, the whole im too tough for seatbelts attitude got its *** kicked by FL seatbelt laws, and its a pain in the *** to manually click these things in. At first I figured, some prev owner may have messed with something, but why the hell would anyone do that? **** I have to register this thing and bring it to Acura and raise hell lol. Ill repost what happens soon as it does.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by slowDB1
i hate that sometimes my seatbelts get stuck bc they had to be stupid and automatic..do they cover it if it gets stuck on its track alot?
I think so because it's a part of the seatbelt system.

I hate the auto belts, mine started wiggin out and retracting whenever they wanted to (while i was driving even)

So i disabled them and manually locked them to the proper position.

It's not a pain in the *** to do it. You freaking reach back, clip the lap belt, then since your hand is ALREADY THERE, just grab the other belt and reach up. takes all of one second.

And to the poster that bumped this, why don't you check the fuses or check and see if the damn thing is plugged in?
Old 03-26-2013, 05:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well preferences are just that, preferences. Its not a huge deal to manually belt up but in my case I'd prefer to have it done automatically, sue me. I dont know if I have the original seats or tracks in my teg but it seems like I have to reach way too far to get the belt into where it fastens, and its annoying as hell. Not to mention all the hardware is pretty old, some light rust deposits on the part that slides into the buckle make it a lil ruff going in, and if reaching way behind my left shoulder wasnt a pita getting the belt on, IMO, well then its no picnic reaching back a second time to get it off. That said, I WILL check the fuses..

Last edited by MrAlexLopez; 03-26-2013 at 05:19 PM. Reason: typo
Old 10-28-2013, 05:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Just wondering if my srs in my rsx isn't working because the sensor in the seat belt buckle doesn't work, would that be covered under this warrenty?
Old 10-28-2013, 05:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

^ NO just the literal "belt" is covered I tried that one to they said nope sorry.
Old 10-28-2013, 05:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Damn
Old 04-07-2016, 12:00 PM
Trial User

Default Re: ACURA SEATBELT WARRANTY (wardseg6)

Originally Posted by 9INE_SIXGZR
If you need any more info on recalls on acura and honda let me know i work at a honda dealer in so cal.if you need radio codes or recalls hit me up.
Hi there, I have an accura tl 2000 and my srs light is on , my question is how do you tell if that is being set off by the seat belt? And do both seat belts trigger the seat belt light when I in gage the drivers side the light goes off for seat belt but the passenger side does not.

Can you plz help me with this issue thanks Mike
Old 04-07-2016, 08:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 272 Likes on 260 Posts

Good to know! my driver side fails to retract smooth and gets stuck in the buckle sometimes which scares me! going in next weak to the dealer for the free replacment now that i seen this, never accured to me to think it would be covered by a lifetime warranty. But what if you have the factory reccaros from a JDM ITR?..

I was also told the factory alarm is under lifetime warranty so i went to the dealer and no questions asked they replaced my alarm with a newer upgraded brain and switch and i was pretty happy with that.
Old 08-11-2016, 04:29 AM
Trial User

Originally Posted by wunfstgsr
Good to know! my driver side fails to retract smooth and gets stuck in the buckle sometimes which scares me! going in next weak to the dealer for the free replacment now that i seen this, never accured to me to think it would be covered by a lifetime warranty. But what if you have the factory reccaros from a JDM ITR?..

I was also told the factory alarm is under lifetime warranty so i went to the dealer and no questions asked they replaced my alarm with a newer upgraded brain and switch and i was pretty happy with that.
How did you go about getting the alarm replaced.... (thread hijack)
Old 08-11-2016, 10:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

it should be. I work at Honda and the same thing does apply. I even asked acura about my seatbelts and they said it would be covered, but has to be done by acura....
Old 05-31-2017, 10:34 AM
Trial User

Originally Posted by wardseg6
Im on a roll with this whole warranty thing.
ACURA SEATBELT WARRANTY. Acura will repair any seatbelt or component that fails to function properly during normal use includes all parts and labor charges. Time Period:entire working life of car.
Simply take car back to dealership to get seatbelt fixed

I find this out after i replaced my driver side belt and paid 30.00 AH! oh well....
DETAILS ON ACURA.COM UNDER SEAT BELT LIMITED WARRANTY
Old 05-31-2017, 10:35 AM
Trial User

not true- local dealer charged me almost $500 because sensor went out on my drivers side belt. told me that they only cover the belt, not the electronics in the belt!
Old 06-06-2018, 05:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yes ----- Oldnorski123 ---- I believe you are correct. I think the warranty covers the retractor (if it fails to retract) and the buckle (only if it does not actually buckle). If the SRS light is on, and it is caused by the SRS sensor in the buckle component, then Acura won't cover it under their ""lifetime seat belt warranty"". Acura issued multiple Service Bulletins regarding extended warranties on certain SRS error codes (DTCs), mostly associated with the OPDS unit. The latest one is Service Bulletin 06-008 dated February 5, 2018. The extended warranty was essentially 10 years or 157,500 miles. Of course, Acura client Services can always cover something if they choose to, but if it is way out of this period, they probably won't. Their number is 800-382-2238. I have a 2003 TL and the dealer told me that the front driver seat belt BUCKLE is causing the SRS light to stay on. They ordered it and i am waiting to see what they say about this repair. However, Client Services told me they will not cover this. I have not relayed this info to the dealer yet. I will wait for the part to come in and see what they say. In NEW YORK the car will still pass inspection with the SRS light on, however, as long as that light is on ------ the entire system is disabled, which means that in an accident which should cause the airbags to deploy and the seat belts to lock ----- they will NOT do so. It comes down to a safety decision. But it still passes inspection ---- go figure. The law requires working seat belts and airbags but the car still passes inspection ---- makes no sense to me. My car is still like new with only 107,000 miles, but to Acura it is an old car.....
Old 06-06-2018, 11:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have no luck in San Diego. These Dealership technicians work on Newer cars and probably never worked on older acuras. I've left my car at the dealership for them to fix it and they said nothing was wrong with it. They knew about the Lifetime warranty as well. Months later I took it to another dealership and they wanted to charge me a diagnosic fee which was about a 100 bucks! Shouldn't the warranty cover even that?

My seatbelt issue is that the Passenger retractor stops in the middle of the track therefore choking the passenger neck!!!!
Old 06-06-2018, 04:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

91akira ---- i am very certain your issue if fully covered by the lifetime seat belt warranty, even if you are not the original owner. This warranty covers how the seat belt works ------- the tensioner (your problem) and if it does not buckle. The warranty may or may not cover other problems if the SRS light is on. This depends on the problem..... look up that Service Bulletin i referenced (you can get it online---google it). I don't know if you have an Acura or Honda or how old it is, but i do not think it matters. They are all covered for the type of problem you have. This also includes the diagnostic fee IF it is related to how the seat belt works and fastens. It must fully retract without stopping and it must buckle properly. It takes only 15 minutes for any dealer to run the SRS codes to see what the problem is. I would call the Client Services # i listed ----- write down your case number when you finish. Explain exactly what your problem is and what you have tried to do with these dealers. They will advise you on how to proceed.
Your issue is not what mine is because my SRS light is actually on. The seat belt is the problem for me BUT NOT the tensioner or the buckle.... It is the SRS sensor and this is not covered apparently.... But your problem is covered in my opinion.

Good luck.
Old 06-06-2018, 04:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

By the way ----- 91akira ------ this is easy stuff for ANY dealer. They all have Acura or Honda Certified mechanics and seat belt issues are something they deal with almost every day. It has nothing to do with the age of your car ---- trust me...
The dealers you have been to either don't want to handle this for you ---- maybe the reimbursement take awhile to get..... and they may just take the position that your car is so old.....who cares..
.It could also be that some inexperienced service reps at sign in may not know enough. Which means you have to educate them on this lifetime seat belt warranty yourself and demand a MANAGER if it comes to that..
But call Client Services first.......
Old 06-07-2018, 04:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

UPDATE ------- My Acura dealership told me they will replace the driver seat belt buckle harness completely free of charge ---- under the ""lifetime seat belt warranty"".. Not even a diagnostic charge, which only takes 10 - 15 minutes anyway to run the SRS codes. If you read my prior posts, you will see that i had my SRS light on which could be many things --- some are covered by an extended warranty and some are not --- but my car is way outside of that extended warranty anyway. The bottom line is that people need to understand what this ""lifetime seat belt warranty"" covers. It can be downloaded. Basically it says that any component that causes the seat belt to NOT operate properly is covered in full ---- parts and ALL labor... My seat belt buckled.... but the SRS light was on which meant the sensor in the belt was bad. That is considered a ""part"" of the belt, because the locking feature of the belt will not work if the SRS light is on.
So, this goes beyond just the retractor or tensioner and the buckle itself even if the SRS light is NOT on........... the key word is ""ANY"" component. I am posting a link to the PDF document that details the entire warranty and the seat belt is on page 30.....
So.................91akira ---- if my situation is covered.... yours is DEFINITELY covered... Retractors are the first things that are covered..... because they have a failure rate higher than expected.....

I was surprised that my dealer automatically said my issue was covered. This is a repair that would cost several hundred dollars (maybe $600)..... The driver seat has to come out of the car.... and underneath that seat are many electrical harnesses.

I have a great Dealer ---- """Acura of Westchester"""" ---- in Larchmont NY..... the absolute BEST... My Acura is a 2003 and they still cover a seat belt..... AMAZING... My next car will definitely ne another Acura ---- i want an MDX...))

http://owners.acura.com/documentum/w...s/bwl27117.pdf
Old 06-27-2018, 12:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

All pre 2008 honda have a lifetime warranty on the seatbelts.
Old 06-29-2018, 02:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by gorillaglue#4
All pre 2008 honda have a lifetime warranty on the seatbelts.

Right ---- gorilla ---- the seat belt warranty is "limited", so some dealers try and use this to cover only the retractor (tensioner) and the actual buckle. My seat belt actually worked fine, but it was the SRS sensor in the buckle that failed. I think i posted the complete warranty above, and to me it is clear that my issue was also covered, however, i have heard of some dealers not being cooperative. My dealership was good and replaced the buckle at no charge whatsoever... not even a diagnostic fee (which some dealers also try and charge for in order to run the SRS error codes to see what the problem is). This took all of 15 minutes, but some dealers will try and charge quite a bit for this. Not all dealers are created equal unfortunately...

Quick Reply: ACURA SEATBELT WARRANTY