Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

96 integra clutch problem..

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 08:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 96 integra clutch problem..

Ok guys... heres the problem I have..

About a year ago I traded my accord for an integra. The person I traded with said that the slave cylinder was bad and needed to be replcaced which was obvious because it wouldnt hold pressure and had to be bled in order to get clutch feeling in the pedal.. I happened to change both slave and master.. Now he also told me he just put a new clutch in the car.. Now onto my issue...

After I changed the slave and the master and bled the system the car drove fine, except that the clutch doesnt seem to engage at the same engage point in the pedal..it engages pretty high in the pedal, its almost like its engage disengage.. and it doesnt feel smooth when the clutch grabs.. its almost like the car lunges forward when engaging 1st and second gear... 3,4,5 it shifts smooth...and down shifting is a nightmare.. it feels like my whole front end hits hard...now thinking that maybe he fed me b/s I went ahead and changed the clutch.. when I took out the clutch it did in fact look new, I put in a 6 puck and where the car does seem to feel better I still have the same issue.. I replaced a rear mount which was broken and it doesnt hit as hard but it is really starting to get to me.. Ive been driving like this for some time now and it doesnt seem to be getting any worst, but it aggrivates me because my girl has an integra and everytime i drive it its like Im driving a brand new car by the way it shifts so nice and smooth...Ive searched alot on many different forums, google, you tube and I cant seem to get a clear answer on my problem.. Im guessing its my flywheel because that is the only part other than the transmission that was on the car with the original clutch that came with the car..anyone else have this problem with theyre clutch .. howd u fix it..

thanx in advance..

mods: intake and header... nothing crazy..
Old 02-26-2012, 09:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: 96 integra clutch problem..

Search clutch adjustment
Old 02-27-2012, 05:41 AM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

^^^ Was going to ask if OP adjusted the clutch pedal? 94
Old 02-27-2012, 08:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No I didnt check my clutch adjustment...Im going to look into that today and see, never wouldve figured it could be that cause well thats at the stock setting... thanks for the response guys..