Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

89 won't start

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2003, 09:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 89 won't start

Hey Guys, long time reader first time poster here. My buddy Drives a first gen, and it won't start. It has spark, the rotor is still securely attatched to the distributor shaft. It has fuel pressure. When I remove the EFI fuse in the engine bay, the fuel pump audibly turns off, or if it was already off, it turns on when I replace the fuse. When I first turn the key on, the Check engine light blinks once, but then goes out and does not relight. I would assume that if the Honda PCM is anything like my toyota, then with the key on, and the engine off, the check engine light would surey illuminate to inform you that something is wrong,, I.E. the motor is not running. Moving right along, WHen I checked the under the dash fuses, the one labeled ECU had no fuse. THis strikes me as odd because the car shut off while driving down the highway and hasn't started since,, no fuse to be found lying around on the carpet or anything. So I put a fuse in. No difference. I checked the voltage at the fuse pins and found no voltage on the right side, and .6 volts on the left. If this was the power to the ecu, something would deffinately be amis, however,, when I apply voltage to the right side of the fuse slot, the engine cranks over. It does not start, but it cranks. simply by applying 12 volts to the fuse box. Do es anyone know where I can find the engine and chassis wiring diagrams online? I have searched and found nothing. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you much in advancefor your thoughts and tips.
~Jake
Old 09-04-2003, 11:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Comon guys, anything helps,, it's an obd none ECU, and it gives no codes but refuses to start, when I give the ECU fuse power,, the motor cranks, is this normal? please help,, I'm about at my wits end,, the thing ran fine a while ago, now nothing. If it had a turbo, I could prolly fix it,, but that's why I'm here asking you guys for help. THanks.
~Jake G, http://www.7mpower.com