Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

00 GSR- Car Lightly Jerks at low rpms

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 06:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 00 GSR- Car Lightly Jerks at low rpms

Alright, I just put a motor in my 2000 gsr. The motor is clean sounds and runs great the only problem is the motor kinda jerks when I'm at low rpms. If I give it about 50%+ throttle its fine but anything under it jerks for a sec until the rpms' raise. No CEL's but I just put the motor in so it may have not had timet o find any. Any suggestions?
Old 01-25-2006, 07:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 00 GSR- Car Lightly Jerks at low rpms (Ls_V_TurboSi)

sounds like you need to work the clutch a bit better if you talking about "launching" or taking off from a stop

other than that it could be fuel - a/f related
Old 01-25-2006, 07:09 PM

Default Re: 00 GSR- Car Lightly Jerks at low rpms (Integra21)

lol.. I have a fully built b20vtec with a act 6 puc clutch. I can drive fine the car is the problem. Say when I go from 3rd to 4th and the rpms are low if I dont gas it kinda hard the car will jerk for a sec until the rpms raise
Old 01-25-2006, 07:12 PM

also the b20 vtec is in my si not my gsr.. The gsr has a 100% stock motor besides an intake
Old 01-25-2006, 07:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ls_V_TurboSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">lol.. I have a fully built b20vtec with a act 6 puc clutch. I can drive fine the car is the problem. Say when I go from 3rd to 4th and the rpms are low if I dont gas it kinda hard the car will jerk for a sec until the rpms raise</TD></TR></TABLE>

i have the same problem in my ls, its touchy when letting off the gas, so im going to mooch off your thread
Old 01-25-2006, 08:11 PM

yeah i have this same problem also, happens when i'm in 5th gear on my 01 gsr, when i step on the gas or let go, my car quickly jerks forward, could it be only like a simple tune-up? so somebody please help us out
Old 01-25-2006, 08:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (604mugen)

Your a noob at driving Stick.
Its just because at low rpm the car lurchs forward and if your not accelerating it can then bounce off the gears and kind of a wave type deal. Forward lurch slow forward lurch slow.

Just depress the clutch at slow speeds in 1st gear or accelerate.

Cars arent designed to be driven at Idle in first gear.
They Stop and they go and they cruise.
Old 01-25-2006, 08:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dc4g)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dc4g &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Your a noob at driving Stick.
Its just because at low rpm the car lurchs forward and if your not accelerating it can then bounce off the gears and kind of a wave type deal. Forward lurch slow forward lurch slow.

They Stop and they go and they cruise.</TD></TR></TABLE>

iuno about you but i can get my car to move using the idle speed and not causing it to lurch

Modified by projectTeG at 7:06 AM 1/26/2006
Old 01-25-2006, 09:54 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dc4g &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Your a noob at driving Stick.

They Stop and they go and they cruise.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I buy and sell salvage title cars. I currently own 5) 2000 si's and a 00 gsr. I'm no noob at driving. Theres something wrong with the car.
Old 01-26-2006, 10:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Ls_V_TurboSi)

Well if your so all knowing why are you on this board posting on how you cant drive stick?

You can move your car forward in idle but sometimes during idle the Iacv will kick up and down causing the car to lurch
Old 01-26-2006, 11:13 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dc4g &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well if your so all knowing why are you on this board posting on how you cant drive stick?

You can move your car forward in idle but sometimes during idle the Iacv will kick up and down causing the car to lurch</TD></TR></TABLE>

where does it say I cant drive a stick? Theres something wrong with the car. Which is the problem I'm trying to figure out. Please keep out of my post unless you have some usefull tips... Not "Your a noob at driving Stick"
Old 01-26-2006, 11:42 AM

dc4g im in agreement with you. everybody has there own little way of driving stick and a lot of people don't finese as much at lower rpm, you can't just let the pedal out going at idle speed...WITH a fresh clutch. So those who's cars are "lurching forward" try to finese it a little more...not that im insulting your driving skills in any way. Just a thought
Old 01-26-2006, 12:07 PM

sounds like either one of two things. 1) your car isn't getting enough feul at low rpms so it sputters and jerks. or 2) it might be your timing is off and it's not firing right at the low rpms so all the fuel is not being ignited. Did you change your plugs after you swapped motors? an easily overlooked thing...maybe they're burnt? I dunno good luck.
Old 01-26-2006, 12:09 PM

Default Re: (C1power)

you guys obviously dont understand the problem/qeustion... Im not talking about taking off and the car jerks. Im saying while driving if i shift through the gears when the car is between probably 2200-3200 rpms the car will jerk until the rpms raise WHEN I'm giving it throttle the ONLY way it wont is if I step on it. I've owned over 40 cars all honda's except 2 trucks this is the only car I've had this problem with
Old 01-26-2006, 01:45 PM

My car used to do the same thing and i had a bad rear motor mount.......got that fixed and the car is running like a champ.
Old 01-26-2006, 03:36 PM
Daisy... Daisy...

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Try cleaning the IACV. If it is sticking, it can abruptly transition from open to closed.
Old 01-26-2006, 05:46 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dc4g &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You suck at Life

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes of course... becuase im the idiot that keeps cluttering up someones post becuase I dont understand the question.
Old 01-26-2006, 07:59 PM

hey everyone chill out...my 97 Ls does the same...most cars will do so at such low rpm's unless you feather the clutch ....but thats a great way to burn her out... letter jerk....
Old 01-26-2006, 08:48 PM

Default Re: 00 GSR- Car Lightly Jerks at low rpms (generationthree)

soft motor mounts?
Old 01-26-2006, 09:36 PM

Default Re: 00 GSR- Car Lightly Jerks at low rpms (JDMxtoMx)

It's normal.......it is not his stick driving.....all cars will do that at like 3 miles an hour!

If you are going very slow and are not on the gas the car will do that!!!!!

Either give it more gas or clutch it.

Happens to me too when i'm driving very slow in like a parking lot and it slips my mind to keep the gas pedal pressed ever so slightly!
Old 01-26-2006, 10:45 PM

Default Re: 00 GSR- Car Lightly Jerks at low rpms (B18CDD)

Alright to add. I just drove it again and I thought maybe it was a kink that needed to be worked out because it wasnt doing it but after driving for about 15 minutes it started doing it again. All of you are missing my questions. Im not talking about at take off. Im talking more so when I shift up or down gears. For instance, I down shifted to turn into my road ( I live on a private gravel road) went into second rpms were at about 2500 pushed on the gas lightly like I would normally do in my si and it jerked until the rpms got to like 3300
Old 01-27-2006, 04:00 AM
Daisy... Daisy...

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ls_V_TurboSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Alright to add. I just drove it again and I thought maybe it was a kink that needed to be worked out because it wasnt doing it but after driving for about 15 minutes it started doing it again. All of you are missing my questions. Im not talking about at take off. Im talking more so when I shift up or down gears. For instance, I down shifted to turn into my road ( I live on a private gravel road) went into second rpms were at about 2500 pushed on the gas lightly like I would normally do in my si and it jerked until the rpms got to like 3300</TD></TR></TABLE>

That is sounding like a bad engine or transmission mount.
Old 01-27-2006, 06:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: 00 GSR- Car Lightly Jerks at low rpms (Dogginator)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dogginator &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

That is sounding like a bad engine or transmission mount.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i am going to agree with you here and say that i believe it is a bad rear engine mount.
Old 01-27-2006, 06:42 AM

Default Re: 00 GSR- Car Lightly Jerks at low rpms (LSracing94)

Check your engine mounts for signs such as dry rotting and cracking..
Old 01-27-2006, 07:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 00 GSR- Car Lightly Jerks at low rpms (Integra Integra)

I had the same problem with my gsr car- it would jerk at low rpm when i changed gears but at high rpm's it would be just fine- i thought it could have been the tranny but that seems impossible cause the car has 45k on it- Apparently all it needed was a tune up- i changed the spark plugs and the distributer cap (and that rubber ring inside) and it was fine after that

Quick Reply: 00 GSR- Car Lightly Jerks at low rpms