Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

** Sfc-vtec problems in DC2 Si-Vtec Teg, PLEASE HELP **

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2002, 06:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ** Sfc-vtec problems in DC2 Si-Vtec Teg, PLEASE HELP **

I have a 93 Si-Vtec JDM DC2 B18c Integra with a SFC-Vtec field controller in it.
It's been installed for about a year...but only recently have started having problems.

Heres a rundown of the issue and what I've tried so far:

Put Sfc-vtec into Standby mode (so it just passes the ECU's signals straight thru without modifying these)
and car runs fine and idles fine etc. Turn on SFC-Vtec controller so it displays RPM, Speed & Fuel etc and even when settings
are set at ZERO for all fuel RPM settings car idles funny with small popping sound coming from exhaust and also eventually fouls
my new NGK Iridium Platinum Plugs. I do have an A/F Ratio Meter installed and it reads that things are relitately ok..around the
14.6 mark. I have tried Resetting the Factory ECU with SFC-VTEC off and the once ECU has reset properly turned sfc-vtec on but
still no luck. Also tried using upto -6% lean fuel settings below 5k rpm and still same problem. A/F Ratio meter says it's then running
about 14.8 so the controller is definatly altering the fuel adjustment but still got the popping from exhaust and this gives you a temperily
loss of power before 4000 rpm and also is very noticable once you take your foot off the gas (yet car runs fine when controller is turned to standby mode).

One interesting thing to note is when I set +3% extra fuel below 5k and am driving along controller says OF (for over fuel).

When I originally setup the unit I could easily add +10% extra fuel and still not have it say OF when driving... in theory
the controller can add upto +30% extra fuel without it saying OVERFUEL (meaning the injectors are max'd out).
If they're maxed out at +3% extra fuel...then how much fuel does this mean they're delivering without the controller on? Maybe
the base settings from the ECU are up the creak (maybe ECU's gone bad or something). I thought it could be a water temp
sensor or the like but have tested this and it checks out well within specs, also tried a mates sfc-vtec controller which
worked fine in his DC2 teg and it did the same problem in mine. I dont know if it could be a controller problem still... I know i've
double checked the sfc-vtec wiring with my multi-meter and this all appears mint both connections and connectivity.

Not sure if it could be MAP sensor related or anything..but I know my fuel economy has gone from 450km's on a tank of 98
grade gas to 300 km's...even when my controller is set to standby mode..and my exhaust is running quite black. However when
sfc-vtec is turned into standby mode...it wont foul the plug...but when it's on and set to anything more than -4 % fuel then it fouls
my nice new plugs ;(

I only replaced my O2 sensor in the last year also, as when I originally installed my A/F Ratio meter the old one was displaying
random values when it felt like it, the current one was out of a crashed dc2 integra same as mine and still appears to be
giving accurate ish readings on my A/F Meter.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm totally Stumped.

Thanks..

Steve McMechan
New Zealand
MSN: desultory@hotmail.com

here's a link 2 my teg:

http://www.ratemyride.co.nz/index.php?&show[id]=2507